Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Physical Activity


Author's note: I wanted to see how my gym essay would score on the LA rubric. 

While I take my deep breathes to relax, I see a cloud of air from the cold weather. Jumping a little to keep myself warm, and mentally trying to focus. It may seem like another soccer game but to me it means more than just the game. Sometimes I have moments were I don’t want to be at soccer or ever basketball but I realize how much I am actually benefitting from these activities. Devoting most of my time to physical activity such as soccer or basketball provides me so much more than just the memory of the event or the fun of it.
Mainly basketball and soccer for me is a great way to stay in shape. Which is one of the main reasons I like playing these sports, to stay active. Eating well may be one way to stay healthy but the other half is exercising daily which I get to do by my two favorite sports. Staying in shape and healthy makes me feel better about myself, it makes me actually do something good with my day besides sitting around doing nothing. Usually after I exercise it puts me in a better mood.
Not only does it make me feel better, but I find it enjoyable. I get to exercise while it seems like I am playing just a game for fun with my friends. Which is why I do sports for a fun activity that I get involved with other kids. From playing soccer and basketball I have such great memories like winning close games by a basket or even a goal during the last minute.
Being able to do something that creates wonderful moments is always fun, but when it is with friends it makes it even more fun. Many of my friends play the same sports as me so we usually get on the same team. Since I play sports with my friends it makes it more comfortable. Also we usually talk about the memories we had with these sports from 3 years back.
Overall physical activity provides a lot more for me and others then we all think. I hope to continue playing sports in high school and beyond because it is a great way for me to stay healthy, interact socially with friends and just for the fun of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment