Thursday, January 24, 2013

Changing Point of View


Author’s Note:  I tried to work on my conclusion of just saying my last thoughts and summing it up.


In the song “Someone Like You” by Adele you can hear how confused, and lost she seems to be. The way Adele tells the story is that her and this guy were friends and they started to feel something for each other so they decided to date. Although it seems like it didn’t work out, she pushed him away. Eventually she figured that she missed him so she tried to see how he was doing and then she realized that he is doing just fine without her. The man was married seemed to have everything in place, and that is when she was disappointed. If this song would have been sang from the guys point of view it would have changed the point completely.

From Adele’s point of view she thought that once they would see each other maybe they would start to talk again. Once she arrived to talk to him he was speechless. Wanting to express her feelings about how she never got over him and how she wanted him back didn’t work. After she found out he was over her, she just wanted to tell him that she wished the best for him and hoped she wasn’t forgotten. At that point it was like her heart shattered in a million pieces. Trying to cheer herself up she thinks “I will find someone like you.” Everyone understands Adele’s point of view, but what about the guy that she was talking about what was he thinking?

The moment when I saw her face, my thoughts just seemed to stop. I was speechless I didn’t know why she was coming to my house. The door bell rang and I dropped the towel from my wet shaky hands.  Once I opened the door her face seemed so delighted, I sat there starring as she was saying something to me. I knew I had to tell her that I moved on, and that I was married. She was waiting for me to respond and I told her right away. Suddenly her face seemed to drop, and she seemed to get very sad within just seconds. At this moment I could tell she was the most confused she has ever been and she waited to leave. Before she left she told me not to forget her and sometime maybe we will see each other again.

Changing the point of view makes any song or story different because it shows what someone else is thinking about the situation. Therefore in this song if the man would have been singing it, the lyrics would have the feeling of surprised and shocked. Not slow, and sad like the way she sang it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment